When we introduced Bronson, it took the market by storm, redefining what people expected from a 150mm trail bike. Equally at home in the Trans-Provence as it was on The Ridge, updating and improving it was going to be no small feat.
The most visible upgrade is the completely new VPP® link arrangement. The lower link tucks neatly above the bottom bracket, fully-recessed and protected from impacts. Meanwhile the box-section upper link now mounts cleanly to the top tube and enhances lateral stiffness as a result. Shock rate’s been refined in the process too, delivering greater small bump sensitivity and a more progressive mid-stroke.
Geometry has also evolved subtly to meet demand from riders for a bike of this ilk. The seat tube angle’s been steepened, placing the rider right above the cranks and perfectly in position to lay down the power. Meanwhile a one-degree slacker 66 degree head tube angle combines with a 20-25mm longer top tube and shorter chainstay length to create an evermore rally-ready geometry than its predecessor.
By using a slightly-less-expensive carbon fiber, we were able to put performance within reach of more riders than ever before, lifting the race pace of World Cup athletes and privateers alike. The stiffness, durability, and strength are identical between the two materials, but the C-level carbon weighs in at about 280 grams more than the top-end, CC carbon.
- 148mm Rear Axle Spacing
- 150mm (6″) VPP™ suspension
- 27.5″ wheels
- Angular contact bearings maximize stiffness
- Bottle cage mount within front triangle fits piggyback shocks
- Collet axle pivots lock in place without pinch bolts
- Double sealed pivots for long bearing life
- Full carbon dropouts and disk mounts
- Full carbon frame and swingarm
- ISCG05 tabs (carbon frames only)
- Molded rubber swingarm and downtube protection
- Sizes: S, M, L, XL
- Stealth and external seatpost cable routing
- Threaded Bottom Bracket